Monday, April 30, 2012

NAE on Ethics

  Today the NAE posted the findings that most church leaders never sign formal codes-of-ethics.  Honestly, this is something that has never crossed my mind but now that I have heard mention it kind of intrigues me.  Think about it, these are people whom we look to for ethical guidance and they themselves are not bound to an ethical standard.  I suppose that isn't true, they are bound to the Word which is the ultimate ethical writing but as I have seen and even wrote on we can't always agree on what those ethics are.  This world has Christian denominations that range from ridiculously liberal to frighteningly conservative.  I think I tend to fall closer to the first category but lets face it, there has been a lot of evil done in the name of Christ.  Maybe some kind of standard in ethics wouldn't be such a bad idea.  If they drafted something up I would be very interested to see what ministers thought of such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment