Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Uplifting

   I have been feeling really spiritual today.  When I woke up this morning I could sense that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach coming over me.  You see, depression is something I have fought with since I was a teenager and I have been medicated off and on since my 20's.  This morning I asked God to grant me the Holy Spirit to see if it might pull me up, and it did.  The side effect is that God has been urging me to spread Faith today and I have been trying to oblige.  Instead of writing about whatever my latest revelation has been, I think I just want to ask you all to share in His glory today!  Stop and say, "thank you, God, for giving me what I need to live and thrive in the body of Christ.  I will try and give up my selfishness so that I can truly be a beacon to others and guide them from the darkness.  Hold my hand, oh Lord, and teach me to love and to be a loving person.  Let me die from this life everyday and be reborn in Christ that I may serve and never give the Enemy a foothold.  Let others draw inspiration from my righteousness without me becoming self righteous.  I know that I fail, oh Lord, and that I am weak but your spirit gives me the strength to continue.  Praise Jesus in all of his eternal glory. Amen."  It is a glorious day, my brothers and sisters!  Don't let your voices be silent!

No comments:

Post a Comment