Monday, February 25, 2013

A babies sin?

Yes, people sinned even before the law was given. But it was not counted as sin because there was not yet any law to break. (Romans 5:13, NLT)

One of the things that used to bother me, before I was saved, was the concept that some denominations have that children who die before baptism are destined for Hell. I don't think that is what God intended nor do I think a child could have sinned because they didn't yet understand it was a sin (up to a certain age, of course). However, is also up to us, as parents, to enlighten them regarding sin so that they might find peace in righteous living. Even though Paul was speaking to people who lived long before his time (or ours for that matter) I feel that he knew that a person with no comprehension of sin can't, in fact, sin.  The implications of that concept with the mentally ill will have to wait for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment