Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Reflections

  I can't say that I'm surprised that I stirred up a bit of a hornets nest with my position on tithing.  Looking back I probably could have been gentler but I certainly felt that it needed to be said.  I have had discussions with people on both sides of the isles and it has given me perspective.  Perhaps my faith was too young for that topic, maybe I am too naive.  I still hold firm that tithing has nothing to do with giving to your church.  It is an act between you and God.  There are so many ways to give and pour out what you have to those in need, it's a shame that it has become a platform to make money.  I have a feeling this is going to be a long week for me but it will be worth it.  I think I will dedicate this week to prayer on the subject.  All I can do is continue to let God guide my hands when I type.  God bless all of you, thank you for reading, may the Spirit guide you as it is guiding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment