Monday, April 30, 2012

Put Out The Fire

   What can I say, I enjoy a little reporting now and then.  A couple of days ago Christian leaders condemned the burning of Qu'rans.  A move I back 100%.  We can't claim to have a faith of peace, love and forgiveness if we are destroying the things that make other people happy.


"Real Christians don't burn Qu'rans," said Leith Anderson, NAE President. "Our Christian faith calls us to respect and love."
   Brilliant is that phrase, simply brilliant.  Those two sentences sum up what I have been trying to stress better than I can convey.  The New Testament is a book of kindness, forgiveness and tolerance.  I think that all too often people let their own prejudices cloud their judgement and then people suffer.  My hat is off to the NAE.  Hopefully pastors take heed and spread the word in their churches and we can see if the world can become a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment