Monday, April 9, 2012

Multiplying the Flame

Matt 5:15-16 (NIV) Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

   My last post was a little emotional and dreary so I thoght I would quote my favorite verses out of the book of Matthew.  To me this is what it means to be Christian.  There is nothing that speaks louder than actions and no better way to spread the Word of God than by being a living testemony to it.  Today I came to work and was exhausted.  When I have to take the kids home to Oregon I tend to load up on energy drinks to keep alert and fresh on the drive.  The downside of that, however, is sleep usually escapes me until late into the night.  I did better than average last night and managed about four broken hours of sleep.  When I got here the first thing I had to do is answer phone calls looking for things.  I felt attacked and was getting defensive.  However, I removed myself from the situation and sat down in the break room to check in freight.  As I did I decided that I wasn't going to leave that room in that mood, and I didn't.  I even called a coworker on being grumpy today with a smile on my face.  Oddly enough she responded to it and seemed to cheer up as well.  I think that is what those two verses mean.  There isn't always light and darkness.  However, I have never known the dark to not retreat from the light.  No matter how big the expanse is, even one candle in it will make it brighter.  If I can help others to light their candles with my own flame then I feel that I have done well to be a living testemony to Christ.  Anyone who reads this I challenge you to do the same.  Be that candle in the dark and guide others to your flame that they may light their own way and praise the Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment